OFFICE OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT MISSION STATEMENT
To develop understanding and support among the various constituencies of the School to secure the resources required to fulfill SJR’s educational mission noted above. To provide integrated marketing communications to support the School’s strategic goal of achieving regional recognition as one of the leading Catholic college preparatory schools for young men in the area. The Office of Institutional Advancement strives to achieve these goals through active recruitment of students, rigorous fund development, stewardship, and alumni and parent relations program as well as the implementation of a school-wide marketing communications program focusing on consistent messages and identity, public affairs, publications, advertising, and web / social media communication. The Office serves as the primary source of communication with SJR’s external stakeholders with the objective of building productive relationships with donors, prospective donors, alumni, parents, businesses, and foundations to achieve desired goals for fundraising and enrollment all to the end of advancing the SJR mission.
The vision for our Office is to be a strategic partner engaged in:
- Transforming SJR into a model Catholic college preparatory school for young men recognized for educational innovation, extracurricular excellence, and spiritual development, readying our diverse student body for success collegiately, professionally, and personally.
- Encouraging financial investment that ensures the success of the School’s mission and goals.
- Cultivating and strengthening the School’s strategic relationships among business, community, educational, cultural, political, and philanthropic leaders.
- Raising the School’s profile through strategic communications.
- Advocating for the value of increased investment in Catholic high school education.
- Planning and executing successful comprehensive and targeted fundraising efforts.
- Leading the creation of a culture of philanthropy, engagement, and community with and among students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of the School.
With a spirit of professionalism, and in an environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth, the Office of Institutional Advancement commits to these values:
- Excellence: We take pride in our work and strive for the highest quality.
- Innovation: We empower ourselves and others to be risk-takers and reach beyond the current paradigm. We are open to change and creative ideas in fulfilling our mission.
- Respect and Collaboration: We honor the expertise and celebrate the accomplishments of our colleagues and respect diversity while working together toward the common goal of advancing the academic endeavor.
- Pursuing a Public Good: We believe we are stewards of a place responsive to and responsible for the communities which we serve.
- Transparency and Accountability: As stewards of the public trust, we ensure that promises to our supporters are fulfilled and hold ourselves and our partners at the School accountable for using our resources wisely.
- Ethical Action: We adhere to high ethical standards; we build relationships based on trust, honesty, and integrity; and we respect privacy and confidentiality.
- Faith: We are guided and inspired by our Catholic faith, which informs all of our actions and decisions.
With a history steeped in tradition, SJR has been educating and preparing students for the rigors of college, the challenges of extracurricular activities, as well as for leading fulfilling and productive lives as Catholics for 57 years. As an Office, we are committed to continuing our legacy of success in forming our students into tomorrow’s leaders and followers of Christ, graduating the Vir Fidelis or “Faithful Man.” Today’s SJR students represent the future of our Catholic faith and through imparting their knowledge, skills, values, and faith, they will become instruments for change for a more just and humane world.