What to Do if your Chromebook Breaks or is not Working Properly:
- Bring the broken/non-working device to the Media Center
- The device will be assessed to determine:
- manufacturer's defect (first year only)
- accidental damage*
- can be fixed in-house
- needs to be sent to the Repair Depot
- intentional damage (device and student will be brought to the Dean of Discipline)
*Accidental insurance is provided for all student Chromebooks (see specifics below).
Accidental damage is covered by insurance. Intentional damage will result in the loss of insurance, device, as well as school discipline.
: The policy will not cover loss or damage caused by intentional damage or destruction of property.
- Complete paperwork
- Wait for FedEx Label
- Contact FedEx for pickup and send to Repair Depot - Stillwater Oklahoma
- Repair Depot usually takes 7-10 business days to fix and return the device to SJR
- Upon arrival at SJR repair work is assessed by SJR staff
- Device is re-enrolled in school management software
- Cases, stickers, and other necessary maintenance is performed
- Devices will NOT be returned and students will NOT be able to borrow a Loaner if the $25 fee is not paid.
Damage deemed intentional and not accidental will NOT be covered by the accidental damage insurance policy.
Please note: battery replacement is not covered by the insurance policy;
Students whose devices are sent back to Dell or out to the Repair Depot must:
- come to the Media Center each morning before 1st Period (8:05am) to borrow a Loaner for the day
- return to the Media Center each day at 2pm to return the Loaner
- Repair Depot: pay $25 fee in cash or check made payable to SJR each time the device is accidentally damaged
- Loaners MUST stay on campus. Borrowers are responsible for any damages sustained to the Chromebook loaner. There is a $25 minimum fee. If a loaner is lost, the replacement fee is $250.
Summer Breakages: There is no summer service. However, devices accidentally broken over the summer may be brought to the SJR Main Office along w/ a $25 check payable to SJR but the device might not be returned until September.
- Members of the Class of 2021 and beyond purchased their devices with 4 years of accidental damage insurance. There is a $25 fee for all insurance claims;
- Members of the Class of 2020 purchased a 3-year accidental damage insurance extension in September 2017 and have a $25 fee for all insurance claims;
- Members of Class of 2019 who purchased the voluntary three-year extension of accidental damage insurance offered through SJR in spring of 2016, have a $25 fee each time the device is sent out for repairs.
- Families who opted not to purchase the insurance extension, accept full responsibility for the student’s device. If the device needs to be replaced, a new Chromebook must be purchased directly from SJR for $475. and will include insurance until graduation.
Please note: Repair fees and replacement parts prices are subject to change at any time when determined to be necessary by the school administration.