What to Do if your Chromebook Breaks or is not Working Properly:
- Bring the broken/non-working device to the Media Center
- The device will be assessed to determine for:
- manufacturer's defect (first year only)
- accidental damage*
- can be fixed in-house
- needs to be sent to the Repair Depot
- intentional damage (device and student will be brought to the Dean of Discipline)
*Accidental insurance is provided for all student Chromebooks (see specifics below).
Accidental damage is covered by insurance. Intentional damage will result in the loss of insurance, device, and school discipline.
- Complete paperwork
- Wait for FedEx Label
- Contact FedEx for pickup and send to Repair Depot - Stillwater Oklahoma
- Repair Depot usually takes 7-10 business days to fix and return the device to SJR
- Upon arrival at SJR repair work is assessed by SJR staff
- Device is re-enrolled in school management software
- Cases, stickers, and other necessary maintenance is performed
- Devices will NOT be returned and students will NOT be able to borrow a Loaner if the $25 fee is not paid.
Damage deemed intentional and not accidental will NOT be covered by the accidental damage insurance policy.
Please note: battery replacement is not covered by the insurance policy;
Students whose devices are sent back to Dell or out to the Repair Depot must:
- come to the Media Center each morning before 1st Period (8:05am) to borrow a Loaner for the day
- return to the Media Center each day at 2pm to return the Loaner
- Repair Depot: pay $25 fee in cash or check made payable to SJR each time the device is accidentally damaged
- Loaners MUST stay on campus. Borrowers are responsible for any damages sustained to the Chromebook loaner. There is a $25 minimum fee. If a loaner is lost, the replacement fee is $250.
Summer Breakages: There is no summer service. However, devices accidentally broken over the summer may be brought to the SJR Main Office along w/ a $25 check payable to SJR but the device might not be returned until September.
- Members of the Class of 2021 and beyond purchased their devices with 4 years of accidental damage insurance. There is a $25 fee for all insurance claims;
- Members of the Class of 2020 purchased a 3 year accidental damage insurance extension in September 2017 and have a $25 fee for all insurance claims;
- Members of Class of 2019 who purchased the voluntary three-year extension of accidental damage insurance offered through SJR in spring of 2016, have a $25 fee each time the device is sent out for repairs.
- Families who opted not to purchase the insurance extension, accept full responsibility for the student’s device. If the device needs to be replaced, a new Chromebook must be purchased directly from SJR for $400. and will include insurance until graduation.