Apply to SJR
Welcome prospective St. Joseph Regional students, both incoming freshmen and transfers. We welcome all qualified grammar school students from Catholic, private, and public schools who wish to apply for admission to grades 9, 10, or 11. We ask that you complete the steps listed below.
If have any questions, please contact our Admissions Office via email at email@example.com or by phone: 201-391-3300 x228.
Complete the Application: With the exception of the essay portion, the application should only be filled in by a Parent/Guardian. The account must be made with the Parent/Guardian email address, not the student email address.)
- Submit an Application online for St. Joseph Regional High School by December 1, 2021. You will be asked to create an SJR Parent Portal account. Please remember to jot down your email address and password as you will be returning to the portal often during the process.
- If you currently have a student attending St. Joseph Regional High School, please log in with your current credentials. Do Not create a new account.
- If you do not have a current St. Joseph Regional High School student, click "Create Account" to start the application process.
- Once the application is complete and submitted, you will receive an email instructing you to return to the portal to complete all other required forms (Letter(s) of Recommendation, Official Transcript Request, etc...)
Financial Aid (All applicants): If you plan to apply for Financial Aid, please complete a Financial Aid Application by February 1, 2022.
Complete and submit the Transfer Questionnaire (Transfer students only): If you are a transfer student, this form will be listed in the portal checklist.
Register for Open House and a Private Tour: Private tours are a requirement for transfer students and recommended for grammar school students. Tours are given by appointment, Monday-Thursday at 2:15. We offer two Open House events to choose from, one in September and one in November.
Acceptance decisions will be sent on January 15, 2022.
Saint Joseph Regional High School bases acceptance of international students on the following criteria:
1. Satisfactory official transcripts: Please fax (201-391-8073) or email (admissions @sjrnj.org) the last three years of the student's transcripts plus current grades (report cards are not an acceptable form of transcripts). Please submit an official school document that gives a description of courses taken.
2. Standardized Test results (TOEFL, CLEP, or SLEP). Please fax or email the standardized scores using the information provided above.
3. An official letter from your bank noting required funds.
4. Proper government documents for residency.
5. Complete copy of immunization records and latest physical exam performed by your physician.
Once all of the above documents have been submitted, the Admissions Team will set up an in-person or video interview.
Director of Admissions & Marketing