Tuition, Scholarships/Grants, and Aid
What is the current tuition and how is it paid?
Are there any other fees?
- Incoming freshmen pay a one-time registration deposit of $850 that is non-refundable and is credited towards tuition.
- Freshmen pay a $700 ebook/technology fee, which includes books, online access to all classroom materials, and a Chromebook with insurance coverage for 4 years.
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors pay a $200 ebook/technology fee, which includes books and online access to all classroom materials.
- Transfer students pay a $300 registration fee and a $700 ebook/technology fee which includes books, online access to all classroom materials, and a Chromebook with insurance coverage. Additionally, all transfer students pay the first month's tuition before the student begins classes.
- Seniors pay a $400 graduation fee, which includes a cap and gown, diploma and cover, graduation announcements, yearbook, and all other costs associated with the Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation.
- There are participation fees of varying amounts for athletics, performing arts, and extracurricular activities.
What grants are available and how do I apply?
The Archdiocese of Newark awards educational grants to selected students on the basis of financial need through a program called “The Scholarship Fund for Inner City Children”. Interested families need to submit their financial aid applications by April 30, 2022. Information and instructions can be found at SFICNJ.org.
Additionally, students may qualify for assistance from the Tri-County Scholarship Fund, which provides assistance, based solely on financial need, to New Jersey students in Morris, Passaic, and Sussex counties. The application deadline is February 15, 2022. Information and instructions can be found at www.tcsfund.org.
Does Saint Joseph Regional High School offer Financial Aid?
Yes. St. Joseph Regional High School provides a limited amount of financial assistance to students who demonstrate serious financial need. Such grants are offered in the form of tuition discounts and do not require repayment. Families may apply online by visiting SJR’s FACTS Information Page under the Admissions tab. Under no circumstances will the school extend financial assistance to a student whose family has not completed a financial aid application.
Applications for returning families (Classes of 2023, 2024 and 2025) must be submitted by April 1, 2022, using 2021 tax information. Applications for incoming freshman families must be submitted by December 10, 2021, using 2020 tax information. Families must submit a new application to FACTS each year.
FINANCIAL AID GRANTS ARE OFFERED EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH THE OFFICE OF THE SCHOOL PRESIDENT, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BUSINESS OFFICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE COACHES, FACULTY, OR STAFF MEMBERS INVOLVED IN THE FINANCIAL AID PROCESS.
Are there any alternatives to paying through FACTS?
What academic scholarships are available for incoming freshmen?
Saint Joseph Regional High School offers academic scholarships to top incoming freshmen. These scholarships are in the form of partial tuition awards.
The Admissions Committee considers middle school grades, standardized test scores (HSPT, COOP, etc...) and comments about a student’s school conduct and effort in determining academic scholarships. All academic scholarships are renewable from year to year, provided the student continues to achieve superior grades and demonstrates exemplary conduct at St. Joseph Regional.
Are there any other scholarship programs available?
Several special scholarships are presented annually to incoming freshmen. The scholarship opportunities listed below are awarded on the basis of both need and merit. Completed financial aid forms are used to identify the families of students with serious financial need. Academic records and test scores, letters of recommendation and other material from the student’s application assist in identifying students whose accomplishments merit consideration for these scholarships. Once your financial aid application is submitted, an applicant may receive an email inviting him to apply for some/all of the scholarships listed. In order to be considered for any/all of the scholarships listed below, you must submit your financial aid application no later than December 10, 2021.
- The SJR Alumni Scholarship Grant - the recipient must demonstrate serious financial need, the highest level of academic achievement, and evidence of exceptional character. The selection is made by a committee of alumni.
- The Michael J. Bertolino Memorial Scholarship - the recipient must demonstrate both financial need and the potential for academic excellence. He must also be of exemplary character and have a strong interest in school activity participation. The selection is made by the Bertolino family, in memory of their son, Michael, a graduate of the Class of 1996.
- The Robert J. Dinallo Memorial Scholarship - this award is presented to students whose families have serious financial need, excel academically, have a strong interest in school activity participation, and give evidence of maturity and good character. It is presented in memory of Robert J. Dinallo, a deceased member of the Class of 1981. The selection is made by a committee representing the Dinallo family.
- The Gary Hess Memorial Scholarship - is presented annually to members of the incoming freshman class and is intended to provide tuition relief. The amount awarded varies based on demonstrated financial need, evidence of outstanding character traits, exceptional academic potential, and evidence of committed participation in school extracurricular programs.
- The SJR Performing Arts Scholarship Grant - presented to one or more incoming freshmen who demonstrate financial need and exceptional talent in the area of performing arts. It is anticipated that the recipients involve themselves in the St. Joseph Regional High School Performing Arts Program, especially the theater program, chorus and/or band. The scholarship will be awarded taking the following criteria into consideration: application essay, letters of recommendation, taped audition, financial need.
Are there any other kinds of discounts/grants available?
- When siblings attend St. Joseph during the same academic year, each will receive a $1,000 Sibling Grant.
- Students whose parent(s) teach in the Catholic schools of the Archdiocese of Newark will receive a $1,000 Catholic School Grant.
- Students whose father is an alumnus of Saint Joseph Regional High School will receive a $1,000 Alumni Grant.
|I Still Have Some Questions
Additional information about tuition and financial aid may be
obtained by calling the Business Office (201-391-3300 x205) during regular school hours.